Pages

Feb 6, 2008

View From Our Deck

I thought I'd share this picture I took off the back deck to our house in Corolla. It's just shy of a few minutes past sunset and the sky looked awesome. Unless it's cloudy/overcast in the afternoon, the sunset is totally amazing every day. I won't tell you how many pics I've taken in the past, but I will say they are all different but equally beautiful.

Specifically, the view is of the Currituck Sound; Monteray Shores, Corolla. That's the Outer Banks for those not in the know. About a mile or so up the road is the Currituck Beach Lighthouse (another awesome sight) and the historic Whalehead Club. I'll have to share some photos of those with you soon.


I took this one about two minutes later...evidence of what a mere 60 seconds can do. Gotta' be quick around here! Of course if my 10 year-old had the camera, we'd be looking at pictures of "three toed deer tracks" or something else he's convinced is out there. Or maybe the fox that chased him a couple of weeks ago... I think that's the only time I've ever seen him run away from an animal. Scared him half to death and he's still talking about it!

" Better days ahead".... no they're not comatose (although they look like it!). It must be the sheer exhaustion of rowing around in 2 feet of water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lora,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Monteray Shores to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you!
Jane