Pages

Feb 26, 2008

Finished Wine Labels


Here's a picture (albeit, a somewhat fuzzy one) of two of the frames I've finished so far. It's hard to tell, but they turned out pretty cool. I can't wait to put them up here and see what a difference it will make in all the "white space". I've also found a few baskets (go figure) that I could re-purpose with a little black spray paint to tie everything together.

When I painted the small alcove around the front window, I went with the same blue that I used on the opposite wall in the great room. Now I'm thinking a nice soft yellow.... candlestick lamp with red shade.... black accents to match the marble counters... a little "bistro feel", maybe.

I also found some way cool upholstery fabric (at WalMart of all places) with a cream background and a tan stripe... just $3.77 a yard! I'll use this for new cushions on 2 of the small occasional chairs in the great room. Right now they're sporting a lovely BROCADE fish scene... err, not quite me. Can't wait to finish that little project!
I just finished the fronts for our annual Easter Egg Hunt invites- hard to believe it's less than a month away! I'd better get my PAAS kit and basket stuff... as a matter of fact, I think I STILL have remnants of that oh-so-wonderful fake grass stuff embedded in the nooks and crannies of the boys' rooms. Something about that stuff makes it almost impossible to get rid of! Maybe this year we'll forgo the grass... that sounds like a plan.

No comments: