Pages

Feb 21, 2008

Getting It Together...


I'm in the process of making a major "life change" on the employment scene in the next few weeks (but we can talk about that later, once the details have been finalized!). In the mean time I have been getting pretty stoked about the possibilities the future may bring for me (and my kids) and as a result the pressure has been on to get my home office in order.

My "office" is "home" to my sewing machine; fragrances, ingredients & molds (by the boat load!) for the soap I make; labels, paper products & packaging like you can't imagine; and my desktop computer (with very little desk to work on!). Oh.... and about 25 baskets of various types, sizes & designs hanging on the walls... I LOVE baskets for some reason. Especially old ones. But I digress..

What I NEED is office-stuff, like a real file cabinet to keep things organized (as opposed to the large basket I'm currently using for files); space designated for a little more hardware that's needed; better lighting... the list goes on. And while I'm excited at the prospect of getting it together, I can't stand the thought of my home office not looking like the rest of my home... ya' know?

Even at my real job, my desk area has baskets on top of my credenza, a really nice desk lamp, wicker in/out boxes.... just stuff I need in a shape or style I like. I'm trying to reconstruct my office at home into something practical yet eye appealing to me.

I found these on-line (check in out here http://www.carriagegifts.com/vindex.html) and thought they were perfect. Practical but pretty (I know, how girly!). But this way if it takes me a while to save up for the actual file cabinet, at least I can leave these out without having to look at the good ole' manila files & folders. MUCH better!

1 comment:

Lizzy Mae said...

oooh so pretty! You almost make me want to go to work.. nah, I think I'll hang ou in the garden instead! Cheers!