Pages

Feb 22, 2008

I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours...

After yesterday's post, I got kinda' curious to know what other people's home offices look like. I need some inspiration here, so send me your ideas. And what does everyone else do with the massive tangle of wires you're stuck with between the computer, printer, scanner....on and on?

Maybe it's just my mother and I... but I have a real issue with cords of any kind being visible. Call me nuts, but I will go to great lengths to hide them behind/beneath anything close by just so I don't see black cords everywhere (and, no... white ones aren't any better!). Perfect example... one year I bought this really pretty Christmas wall hanging and I thought it was so cool because it came with a small string of Christmas lights that you inserted from behind into already cut holes so that it lit up. Unfortunately, the cord hung down about a foot and a half past the bottom to the plug below. Drove me NUTS every time I looked at it. And it was in my hallway, so I couldn't jam anything in front of the cord to hide it or we'd be tripping all over the place.

I ended up taking the lights out and just using it as a plain wall hanging... my sister cracks up every time she sees the one at my Mom's house (beautifully displayed with the cord hidden BEHIND her Christmas village) -nothing like paying twice what you normally would for something you don't use to being with!



I know... NUTS! So what's in your office?

2 comments:

Meredith Uber said...

Hi there,

How funny, read my Feb.19th post, it is about my office and my tangled cords!

Florida Vacation Rentals said...

Very Funny Blog You have posted