Pages

Feb 19, 2008

Kitchen Craft Project

It's hard to believe that February is almost over... in another couple of months it will be Memorial Day and the start of another rental season here, on the Outer Banks. May is also when the house in Corolla becomes a "rental house" once again, and will remain so until the fall.

Over the winter we've been working on the interior of the house... nothing major at this point, but some interior painting in the bedrooms and bathrooms, new bedding & window treatments and accessories to make things feel a little more "plush" and not so stark!

The master bedroom and bath are done now, and I'm moving onto the kitchen.


This is the "before".... not at all me. Too white and no personality. Definately needs some fixin' up! I've already replaced the two bar stools shown with a couple in a dark, almost black, wood that have tall backs and are much more comfortable. And what a difference that made... the dark color of the wood really brings out the contrast in the wood trim, white cabinets and dark (but beautiful) marble counters. I've also painted the small alcove where the arched window faces the street in a light blue to match the opposite wall in the great room and now I'm moving up-above the cabinets that is! All those white walls and white cabinets is just too much- I need something to bring the eye down a little.

As well as the dark stools worked out, I'm thinking of framing some vintage/various wine labels and putting them above the cabinets to break up the mototony a little bit. I've scanned a few already and bought some black wooden frames yesterday. I'll finish everything up this week and post some "after" shots after this weekend.



I think it should turn out pretty cool, don't you?




No comments: