Pages

Mar 6, 2008

Office Revamp Complete!

$99 file cabinet from Staples (and free shipping) and I'm IN there! Latteral file drawers have a lot more room than regular letter size, so I can fit everything in one piece. The sorter and in/out box are about 15 years old... I bought them at Sam's club (along with a file basket in another picture). I thought they could use some sprucing up, too, so I painted the wood frames on each black and left the wicker alone. Pretty cool to me!

This is my "re-purposed" chair (one of two) and my now organized desk. I made runners for all the pieces in here to match the chairs (cuts down on scratches and what not, and hides a multitude of sins on my old desk!). Artwork courtesy of Carson!

Printer stand (also known as a dresser). You can't tell from this angle, but I painted the fronts of the three drawers with black paint, too. Ties it into the other stuff in the room.

Sewing machine (love this cabinet- I've had it since I was a girl. Thanks M&D). This is a second chair from another room in the house that I painted black and covered in the same material... sure did get my money's worth out of that buy from WalMart!
This is the basket file drawer... so to speak.. that goes with the other two pieces. I painted the frame on this black, too and added the brown silk ribbon.
This is soap central... bought the shelving unit from WalMart (I know, again with the WalMart! But we live in a small area... not much shopping opportunities here and this is actually solid wood- not flimsy at all).
This is it looking in from the kitchen. I'm definately liking this MUCH better!
The other corner...

And my valentine's gifts from the boys.... there's a little one sitting on the lap of the bigger one. I won't tell you how many teddy bears I have... that's another post entirely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to get organised and love the space you work in. You've done a beautiful job. I'm in the middle of doing up mine too. Hope to have it done soon. Lovely to drop by your blog :-)