Pages

Mar 4, 2008

Indulging Myself....


I go grocery shopping (the big shop) every two weeks. And I always hit the flower section (funny how it's right at the front door-impulse buy, anyone?). One store has a really nice floral department... you can get gladiolas, delphinium, lilies...you name it. At this time of year, it's usually roses- which is okay, too. I just like treating myself every couple of weeks, and putting fresh flowers out makes me feel better.


Sometimes they fade before they open up... that's okay, too. I just leave them in water until they dry out. Sometimes they'll stay whole, and sometimes they fall apart. But the ones that dry well?....


They become this... I love this arrangement in by bedroom. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the roses actually dried "yellowish" with pink tips.. and the hydrangea are green and purple.


I love these... I cut them from my sister's shrub last year (she gets zillions blooming every year!). These were actually BLUE when they were blooming, but dried this beautiful shade of green. Pretty cool, huh?

So go and buy yourself a treat today...just for you.

No comments: