Pages

Mar 12, 2008

If You're Scared...Say You're Scared!

This is the current project we're working on... and if these pics don't scare ya', I don't know what would! This is my washer/dryer area.... actually, it's not so much an area as it is a large closet. A large closet that is an eyesore, that is conveniently located in my kitchen for all to see. I know, you're wishing you had one too. I especially like the semi-blue walls (but only on some and only so far) and the capped off pipes from the old hot water heater that are just kinda' hanging out there. I can't tell you the pleasure I get just opening up those big ole bifold louver doors to do my laundry here.... joy, I tell you.

Another lovely wall behind the dryer. I will not tell you how many socks I found here.... let's just say the mystery of the "sock graveyard" has been solved!

This beautiful shelf holds all those laundry essentials... this, of course, is only functional if you purchase products in doll-house sized proportions. Anything larger resides ON TOP of the washer/dryer (watch out for that spin cycle).


But this..... this is my ABSOLUTE favorite part....

This is the air duct to the enclosed porch on the opposite side... yes, that is electrical tape holding it together and yes, it just kinda' hangs there without any support. Oh, and that area above the electrical panel...that's what is left of the CONTACT PAPER (that's right...) that surrounds the top and bottom. Who knew you used contact paper instead of drywall? There's a novel idea.

I won't tell you the contractor's name that put together this little jewel... but here's a hint: he doesn't live here anymore..... ya' know?

Luckily, I'm much loved by someone with a little more, shall we say, attention to detail....and anything but lazy. The tongue & grove boards have been purchased, and installation has begun. I wonder if this will change my outlook on the whole laundry thing...NOT.

No comments: