Pages

Apr 20, 2007

Getting Started...



Well, I have been thinking of this whole "blog" thing for several months. If you had asked me 6 months ago what a blog was, I would have given you one of those "do I want to admit to ignorance or wing it" kinda' looks! Then one day, in a year long dining room remodel project, I was on-line looking for paint techniques and stumbled into One Woman's Cottage Life and have been hooked ever since (my sincere thanks to Kim for her beautiful and oh so inspiring site!).

That was a little over three months ago, and since then I have found so many wonderful and creative sites and people-there are some really talented women out there and I have truly been inspired. So thanks!! I hope I can return the favor myself, one day.

So now what? It's Friday and I can't wait to get home tonight and shoot my completed Dining Room. Unfortunately, when I started this project over a year ago, I didn't think to take "before" photos. I may have some laying around (wish I could say "I have all those photos cataloged in photo album Number 7" but the truth is they're in an old, Blues Clues diaper bag in my closet!). Hopefully I'll be able to load the "afters" this weekend.

After a five day Nor'Easter blowing through, the weekend is forecasted to be sunny and warm. Maybe I'll get a chance to clean up the garden as well. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



4 comments:

nbibeau said...

Great blog site. Nice home too.

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Lora, I love your new blog!! Aw, thanks so much for mentioning my site but I'm feeling very inspired by your site already! I've added you to my Link List and can't wait to visit often:) Your garden is fantastic - boy, our landscaping needs major attention now but someday I hope it's just half as pretty yours...great job!

Lora said...

You're so kind...but to be perfectly honest the pictures are from last year! All of the perennials are coming up, but there is a lot of racking, cleaning and mulching to do before it looks like this. And I live in what I refer to as a "shade pitt"- surrounded by trees with moments of sun during the day so the grass only grows during the spring and late summer when things cool down.

Alison said...

What a lovely post.....enjoyed reading all the info. Great job you have done.